The sale of Manchester United in the English Premier League failed. Sheikh Jassim, a former Qatari banker who ran for the takeover of Manchester United, is said to have withdrawn from the race to take over Manchester United. The current owners of the team, the Glazer family, gave up the takeover after they rejected Sheikh Jassim’s latest offer.
On the 15th, Britain’s The Sun ran a top sports article saying, ‘Sheikh Jassim withdrew from the race to acquire Manchester United after the Lasers rejected his latest offer.’ This means that it is shocking news.
Sheikh Jassim has revealed that the Glazer family demanded a ‘strange price’ to sell Manchester United. The media reported that Jassim, who criticized the team owner, ultimately decided to withdraw from the Manchester United bid on the night of the 14th local time.
In fact, since last February, Sheikh Jassim has been struggling to take over Manchester United. When the plan to sell Manchester United was announced in November last year, Sheikh Jassim was the first to enter the acquisition race, but gave up after about nine months.
Sheikh Jassim, who was a leading bidder for Manchester United, initially offered £5 billion to take over full management of Manchester United. And he made a proposal that suited the tastes of the Glazer family and fans, including promising to rebuild Old Trafford, an old, leaky stadium. The media also predicted that Sheikh Jassim would take over Manchester United.
But over the past nine months, the Glazer family has continued to request new proposals. In line with this, Sheikh Jassim also worked hard to acquire Manchester United, raising the bid amount to a certain extent and making five revised proposals, but he was unable to satisfy the Glazer family’s greed for money.
At one time, the media reported that there was a theory that the Glazer club owner had demanded 10 billion pounds. There was also an article saying that he had changed his plans to not sell until 2025. On Saturday night, Sheikh Jassim withdrew from the race to take over Manchester United, saying he was no longer interested in any future deal with the Glazer family. Sheikh Jassim has reportedly withdrawn from a bid to take over Manchester United after a sixth bid, said to be ‘further and final discussions and negotiations’, was rejected.
There is now only one person interested in taking over Manchester United. It is a consortium led by Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Britain’s largest tycoon. It is the only option left on the negotiating table, with Lord Ratcliffe reportedly offering to buy only a 25% stake in Manchester United, The Sun reported.토토사이트
Originally, Lord Ratcliffe had intended to acquire a controlling 60% stake for just over £4 billion. As The Sun reported, acquiring only 25% means that management rights are still held by the Glazer family. This is something that Manchester United fans cannot accept.
Glazer’s father, Malcolm, took over management rights in 2005 for 790 million pounds. Manchester United fans wanted the Glazer brothers to get out of running Manchester United completely. At protests inside and outside the stadium, placards demanding a complete sale were also hung.
The media reported that the anger of Manchester United fans is likely to be further fueled by Sheikh Jassim’s withdrawal from the purchase of Manchester United. Of course. Since last year, Manchester United fans have been demanding the expulsion of the greedy Glazer family.
Manchester United fans are demanding the expulsion of the club’s owners, the Glazer brothers. They say that due to these strange demands, Sheikh Jassim eventually withdrew from the takeover battle. The only team left is the British consortium led by Lord Ratcliffe. Fans want Glazer to step away from managing Manchester United through a complete sale, not a partial takeover.